Today’s post is based on Best Ethereum wallet review.
Ethereum has started just same as the Bitcoin started. Also, it is growing in the some of the little same gradual ratios of Bitcoin. When I started investing in Bitcoins I was worried about the security. Same for the Ethereum, Initially it was not that much famous but now with the price “Name” is also getting lots of eyes on it. So now as the price has increased, people are getting worried about the holding of the Ethereum in the wallets.
Lots of people yet don’t know about the best methods or the best wallets to store their Ethereum. In starting I was also little bit confused about “how to store Ethereum?”, “where to store Ethereum?”.
So to finish this confusion I have searched some of the best wallets in the crypto market that are currently available in the market in the purpose of storing them with the features of safe and secure, compatibility, usability, availability and the trust reputation in the market.
And finally come with Best Ethereum wallet review in 2018.
Different from each other we will discuss this wallet for storing Ethereum and to finish the confusions of our users for it. These wallets are the best wallets among all f them that are used widely on a global network
So Let’s start our Best Ethereum wallet review.
Best Ethereum Hardware wallet:
Ledger Nano S is on the top of the list of wallets to store Ethereum. There are many reasons behind them. This wallet fulfills all the criteria for a secured wallet.
- Ledger Nano S is the highest rated Hardware wallet in the crypto market.
- The interface is very user-friendly.
- It is a multi-currency functional wallet.
- This wallet supports Ether, Bitcoin, Litecoin and various Alt coins.
- Also supports multiple addresses for each currency within a single device.
- Nano S also represents backups, user-created software and also supports FIDO Second Factor authentication for Google, Dropbox, Github many more.
- It comes with a small OLED screen, here you can set you 4 Digit pin.
- Here you will receive a 24-word seed key.
- You have to keep it safe for the Backup purpose in case you forget your PIN.
- It is very lightweight compared to other hardware wallets and also very reputed.
You can check our post on Ledger wallet review.
Trezor is the another widely used Hardware wallets among all and is the first Hardware wallet came into the existence. It is little bit heavy compared to the Ledger Nano S but it is the ancient one that’s why it has a high reputation in terms of security and features in all cryptocurrency wallets.
- Trezor supports Ether as well as Bitcoin, Dashcoin, Litecoin and many more.
- It is taken as a durable Hardware wallet as it is water resistant.
- Trezor also comes with a small OLED screen.
- It helps the user to see the transaction physically.
- Light and portable device.
- Trezor also stores Ether offline on a secure electronic chip that can be activated only when you log in with your password.
- The device supports two-factor authentication, used for password management.
Unlike other Hardware wallets like Ledger and Trezor, there is also an option available for the users in the market that is keepkey. It is comparatively costly than the other two. Keepkey will cost you 120$. It was started before Ledger and shows the same properties.
- Comparatively big screen to see the transactions physically well.
- Good reputation in the Hardware wallets.
- A bit heavy because of its size.
- It comes with a plastic design body which makes it less durable if it is dropped, unfortunately.
- It supports some major coins like Ether, Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Namecoin, Litecoin, and dash.
- Keepkey runs on PC, Mac, Linux, Android.
Best Ethereum Desktop wallet:
My Ether wallet:
My Ether wallet is a different kind of wallet. Here you can create, send and receive Ethereum without sharing your private keys.
- It is an open source desktop wallet.
- Here you can create your smart contracts.
- A Little bit tough for beginners.
- Private keys are stored in your own equipment.
- Great option to create a quick wallet.
Exodus is the world’s first desktop wallet. This is a multi cryptocurrency supported wallet. It means you can hold multiple currencies in this Like Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Golem, Factom, BCC etc.
- Exodus has an inbuilt shapeshift integration.
- Using this feature you can trade your Ether into cross-platform currencies.
- Exodus wallet is free to use.
- The presenting aspect of Exodus is way simpler and pleasant.
- Here your profile will be shown as a pie chart graph with a clean user interface.
- This is a fully featured, multi-asset desktop wallet runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- It saves the private keys on the Machine itself, while connected to the internet it does not takes your private keys. So you can connect to the PC or laptop freely without any security concern.
- Additional features are one click mail recovery and backup the seed keys for restoring the wallet funds.
Etherwall is the first desktop wallet software launched for the Ethereum. this wallet shows some of the unique features than other wallets for storing Ethereum.
- It is fully open source based software.
- It works on 2 nodes.
- First is full node client mode, make users to download the full Ethereum Blockchain.
- Another one is thin client mode uses a remote Ethereum node for information and sending transaction.
- Etherwall is committed to the security.
- They do not use the web version platform because of threat chances due to security holes.
ETH address is a paper wallet. This is an open source consignment to create an Ethereum paper wallet.
- Paper wallets contain both public keys and private keys printed on the paper.
- You can go for additional privacy which includes encryption of private keys.
- It is a cheap form of cold storage available.
- It does not support smart contract format.
- You have to keep the paper safe.
- If the paper is lost then there are chances that you may lose your Ethers also.
Best Ethereum wallet Android:
This is the official Ethereum wallet. Mist functions as a decentralized app and also includes an Ether wallet. As this is an official wallet for Ether it is in the top of the priority list in terms of security. You don’t have to worry much about the security purpose.
- Shows little bit same qualities as Exodus.
- Comparatively tough to use for beginners.
- For this simply download Mist in your device> select “use test network” > set your password > check your Ether wallet.
- Most important set your password so carefully or write down somewhere safe.
- Because if you forget your password there is no way that you can change it again.
- Also, there is no way to log in without the correct password.
- If you lost or forget your password you will loose your entire investment.
Jaxx is a multi-currency software wallet that designed by Canada based company supporting 13 cryptocurrencies including Ether. It has a stylish design with some awesome security features.
- Private keys never leave the devices.
- It helps to restore the funds whenever required.
- It is available for Android, Mac, Linux, Windows, Chrome, IOS, OS X.
Coinomi is also a multi-exchange cryptocurrency wallet. Some of the other its usually support every cryptocurrency and token that you expect. This is a very rarer feature that its shows from its competitors.
- Using the shapeshift integration feature they allow the exchange of any cryptocurrency within the platform itself.
- They are more convenient than other wallets as they offer no identity linking, no IP or transaction tracking.
- Multi-language supported.
- The source code is always available.
- Currently available for Android and IOS.
Best Ethereum wallet 2018:
Initially, Coinbase was the famous wallet for the Bitcoin web wallet. Now they have also added the Ethereum in this year. The reason behind this we all know the increase of popularity among the people.
- Instant currency conversions, recurring investments, multi-sig security protocol.
- The wallet is available for Android and IOS.
- It supports Ethereum but not Ethereum Classic.
- Some of the drawbacks are that you don’t own the private keys which means if the wallet is attacked by the hackers you might loose your Ethers.
Metamask is a decentralized browser extension. You don’t have to run the full Ethereum node. It is not that much popular in the market but you can give a try because using it seems like surfing in a browser for the Ether.
- Currently available only on Chrome extensions or through the Brave browser.
- The team is working on updates for the other popular browsers.
- It is very easy to use.
- You can store your Ether also you can send or receive it instantly to the other address also.
- It saves your private key in the Machine itself.
- You can export it anytime.
- You can also switch between the test network and the main Ethereum network.
I hope Best Ethereum wallet review post will clear all your confusions about storing the Ethereum. Trust me guys this is the top picks in the market that are currently available for the Ethereum. Choosing among these wallets depends “how much Ethereum do you have?” , “for how much time you wanna store it?” all these criteria. But you can choose between any of them as they are well trusted in the market and used on a globalized level for the Ethereum storing purpose.
So, friends, I hope that Best Ethereum wallet review will help you to choose your best Ethereum wallet. If you like this post then please share with your friends and family. Let them also finish their confusion if they have the same.
Also if you have any doubts let me know it.