In this post you will Find Top 3 Best Hardwrae wallet for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency.
Today everyone wants to make an investment in cryptocurrencies. We all are dealing with the knowledge of trading in this, modern way of investment. Today most of the people’s are buying Bitcoins online. As Bitcoins are the header of the today’s cryptocurrencies. People purchase it online and keep it there only.
As everyone is making so much investment in such currencies. Keeping your Bitcoins in this type of hot wallet can be a big risk. Because in case of theft or hack on your wallet you can lose your Bitcoins. It means that you will lose your whole invested money.
So avoid this type of great risk you need to use a Bitcoin paper wallet or a Hardware wallet to keep your coin safe. This type of wallets are the cold wallets. They provide you keys or seed which is owned by you only to keep your coins safe in your wallet.
So in today’s post, we are exactly going to review the same. The 3 Best Hardwrae wallet for Bitcoin that you can use to save your money.
What is Hardware wallet?
A hardware wallet is a small device where you can store your digital currency. They are the safest way of storage. In hardware wallet, your private keys or seed are stored offline. So they cannot be hacked like online wallets. As being a responsible user you have to keep your device safe and secure.
If your hardware wallet is lost, you can easily restore it using the seed password also called as Recovery phrase. If you forget the private keys and your recovery phrase is also then you will lose your everything. There is no way to keep your coins back. So it is important that you write your seed keys and keep it in a safe place.
So let’s start with the 3 Best Hardwrae wallet for Bitcoin review.
Best Hardwrae wallet for Bitcoin and Altcoins:
It is a France based product. It was developed by three France companies BTchip, Chronocoin, and La Maison Du in December 2014. More importantly, it is an affordable hardware wallet. Ledger Nano S is a USB device. It comes with a smart card security in a very good package.
It is the cheapest hardware wallet that you can get it on around 68$. Ledger comes with a tiny screen. So you can operate it independently of your computer. It is a batteryless device. To get started with Ledger Nano S, you just need to connect it to your computer and configure it.
To send Bitcoin you need to connect your device to the computer each and every time. You can accept Bitcoins anywhere, anytime on your Ledger Nano S address.
Features of Ledger Nano S:
- Appearance can give us an idea about some important aspects like usability and durability.
- Ledger Nano S is made up of brushed stainless steel and plastic
- The weight is only 16.2 grams.
- It is the second most lightweight hardware wallet after Trezor.
- It uses ST31H320+STM32F042 chip
- Compatible with Windows 7+, Mac 10.8+, Linux or Chrome OS.
- Requires chrome extension or chromium extension in order to connect to the hardware
- Provides high-level security
- You need a 4 digit pin everytime you plug into the computer
- It offers 24 words recovery seed
- It also offers Autolock.
- Crypto support
It is the world’s first secure Bitcoin hardware wallet, created by satoshilabs. It is the most trusted or you can say reputed hardware wallet among the three hardware wallet. Trezor also produces 24-word phrase which can be used for recovering the private keys.
It comes with an LED screen giving a touch of the calculator. It can be quickly connected to your computer.
Trezor will cost you around $99 which is more than Ledger wallet. Both come with same property and functionality. So it is in the second place in our list. You can use the Trezor wallet with Android devices and with apps such as Trezor wallet.
Features of Trezor wallet:
- It is the most lightweight wallet among all.
- Weight is only 12g.
- It is compatible with both desktop and mobile devices
- Can be connected to window, MacOS, Linux and can also be connected to Android devices.
- It comes with two physical buttons.
- Buttons are used for the confirmation of the transaction.
- An individual can wipe out the Trezor device within a second in case of emergency.
- Cryptocurrency support
- Bitcoin cash
- Ethereum classic
Keepkey – crypto hardware wallet
Keepkey is another hardware wallet available in the market. It is the third secure wallet to keep your digital currency safe. The function of this wallet is same as the Ledger and Trezor wallet.
The big screen makes it easy to navigate and see the wallet address. Due to the big screen comparative to Ledger and Trezor, it is little bit inconvenient to carry everywhere. Which is the only lack of this device.
Keepkey supports on 6 currencies. So here also it is lagging behind from its competitors. It comes with a price of $99. Which is also the most expensive among these three devices. So because of all this, it stands on number 3 position in the list.
Features of Keepkey
- Size is large.
- Made up of Aluminium metal and Polycarbonate.
- Can be connected to windows, MacOS, Linux and also to Android devices.
- It can be connected to software like Electrum, Mycelium, and MultiBit.
- Offers same security features like Ledger and Trezor.
- Due to a large screen, an extra feature of the wallet is wallet recovery using the cipher.
- Virus and malware proof.
- Offers 4 pin authentication for the transaction
- Crypto support
My personal opinion will be that the Ledger wallet will be the best wallet in terms of price, features, size all. If you are smart enough to handle your wallet then all these three wallets are easy to use for you. You can choose any one depending on the criteria that which is easily available near you.
So this is my honest review on the top 3 Best Hardwrae wallet for Bitcoin
Hope you like my post on Best Hardwrae wallet for Bitcoin so don’t forget to share with your friends and family.